Thursday, March 20, 2008

Wish List

Warning - this is a selfish post.

I need a place where I can list my "wishes". Now that I have income again, I am dreaming about things that I would like to have in regards to my fiber obession. Since I want to start my own business, I will need equipment to run it more smoothly and at most cost effective to me. Granted, I could have someone else prepare my fiber, but if I have my own, then I could do it myself. Yes, I am very aware how time consuming perparing fiber from raw to spinable is.

I would need a picker and a drum carder. I would probably start out with a non-motorized carder, then upgrade to a motorized one. The picker I would probably buy, but R could also make me one if I got the plans. I was thinking this one, this one, or this one for a carder, and this, this,or this for a picker.

Another thing is dying. Do I, or don't I. I was thinking for a while that I would like to carry only natural colors in fiber and blend those to make other colors. But there are so many gorgeous colors and color combos out there! So, I will probably need an outdoor stove and pots, pans, and utensils so that if I wanted to use acid dyes I could.

Personal wishes. Spindles and more spindles! I have fallen in love with the Golding rim weighted spindles! Although I prefer the nonpainted ones, all are BEAUTIFUL!! And any of these that are under 1.5oz are on my wish list! And Butterflygirls! I would also like to try a supported spindle.

Fiber. I bought some of this just to try it out. I didn't like it by itself, but blended up to 50/50 with another fiber and all the blends that I have tried spin like a dream!! I will definately be getting more of this!

I am sure that there is more wishes somewhere in my brain, but I need to go nap before going to work tonight.

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.