Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Update

Well, I went in yesterday to sign all the paperwork that comes with starting a new job. Then HR took me to see my boss to see when I would start and she said she was going to start me that day! I said that I was ok with that and went home to go change into scrubs. I had forgotten how long a 12 hour shift is! I did get to leave early, so I was only there for about 8 hours. That is still a long time when you haven't worked in almost a year. I start my regular shift this Thursday night. I like the job so far. It is also a really good feeling to be using the skills that I have gone to school for. Although, I still feel like I have to go get my clinical instructor if I want to do a procedure or skill so that I can get checked off! I am sure that that will go away soon.

Knitting. Haven't really done any the last few days. Did some frogging though. R had to help me with one skein as it tangled up really bad. It took the two of us almost an hour to get it right. I really, really don't like this yarn. I don't like how it feels going through my fingers and I don't care for the knitted fabric. It is sock yarn. R loves it, so it will become something for him after it sits awhile to learns to behave itself. Or I forget how it behaves.

Need to go get ready for school. Only 2.5 months left!!!

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How very exciting though! It must have at least been a 'good' tired =)