Sunday, March 2, 2008

A Secret Project (pic intensive)

I have a secret project that I am working on. Well, I guess that it isn't too secret if I can post about it here as the person doesn't read my blog, but other person does that talk to her! I already asked and made sure and that person wouldn't say anything anyways. This person "K" loves elephants. I mean really likes and collects things that looks like elephants and has elephants on things. Last year for Christmas I made her this. It is a wirewrapped elephant scuplture.




















This year, I wanted to make her a shawl or wall hanging of a knitted elephant. So, I trolled the internet for pictures that I liked. This is one I found that would work the best.




















I messed with it until I got this:




















This is a corner of the drawing and the prgression to chart.








































I only graphed out a corner so far so that I could knit up a swatch. I don't have a swatch done yet. I started one last night and I had marked two squares with the wrong number so I was off count twice. I decided that I was too tired (it was 10pm at the time) to continue. I will try tonight after dinner maybe.

I wanted to do this in cobweb/lace weight, but then it would be wall hanging size to frame when done. If I do this in say sock weight, I might be able to add borders and such to make it shawl size. I am waiting on a reply if K wears shawls or not.

I hope that all is well with you out there. Until next time, happy knitting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Impressive! Can't wait to see how it progresses...

Anonymous said...

Wowza, that's quite an undertaking :o I'm with Chan - I can't wait to see how things move on!