Thursday, May 24, 2007

Hello again

Hello, I know that I haven't written in awhile. That is because of life. And knitting that I really cannot show because it is for the swaps that I am in. I go to visit my mom on Monday, and there is a yarn shop there. The ladies let me ball my yarn from other places as long as I buy something from them. So, I really haven't started on my sockapalooza4 sox yet. I have the pattern and the yarn, but the yarn is still in skien form.

Spinning. I spun some the other night, and for the first time, the ply was balanced! I was so excited! R didn't really know what I was excited about but he was happy for me. It was some roving from Paradise Fiber that I koolaid dyed. The roving was dark brown, and I dyed it red and purple, but it came out dark burgandy. Still very cool. it is going to go to one of my swap spoilees. I got my wheel for my birthday. She is an Ashford Traveler Single Drive with Scotch tension. She doesn't have a name yet. She is unfinished. I know, I know, I need to have her finished. While we are in Wyoming, maybe I can have R finish her for me. Here is a picture of her.














And here is the spun roving.











The picture is dark but is pretty true to color

R took some pictures of C.A.T. She is R's outside cat. She is part Saimese.





No comments: