Saturday, March 13, 2010

Stuff and "Purely Decadant"

Well, about 30 minutes ago R left to go back up north. He has a really long day ahead of him, about 20 hours of driving. Overall, it was a really good visit. We went to San Diego to visit with some of my family. He got quite a few "honey do's" done for me that I didn't ask for and wasn't expecting to happen, so that was nice. I would get up for work and he would tell me "I did this and that for you while you were asleep" Was really nice. I do miss being with him, but I know that he made a decision to help out his mom. I will like having the house back in some kind of order as it is like a small tornado went through the house whenever he is here.

He did bring down some "yogurt" for me to try. There were two kinds of yogurt, a soy based one and a cocout based one. I actually prefer the coconut based one more. The consistancy and flavor is more of what I remember what yogurt having. Really very good. He also brought me some "ice cream" made by Turtle Mountain. This was their Purely Decadent made with Coconut milk ice cream. Also very good. He brought me Chocolate, Vanilla, and Cookie dough.
The chocolate and the vanilla taste just like ice cream without any obvious coconut taste. The Cookie dough did taste like coconut ice cream with cookie dough pieces in it. Not really appealing. At least I now know that there are products that will satisfy my cravings for dairy without actually eating it. Now I just need to find out it I can get my local grocery store to either carry it or at least order it for me!

1 comment:

Justine said...

Hi! I was doing a search for "cookie dough" and stumbled upon your blog! I don't eat dairy, and I LOVE So Delicious coconut milk yogurts and Purely Decadent coconut milk ice cream. You can find them at Whole Foods, most major supermarket chains (in the organic foods chill case), and at most independent natural food stores and co-ops. And you can also download coupons from the company's website here: http://www.turtlemountain.com/products/coupon.html Happy eating!