Friday, August 3, 2007

WIPs and Life

Been lazy lately. But I did get my resume typed up. That will help when I go job hunting starting on Monday. Monday I also go and hopefully pay for next semester's class. It is going to feel very weird going back to school after being off a semester. I also have to ask the Nursing secretary about the board application. I have found several different instructions on how much and when to pay for my boards. I don't know. So, on Monday, I will ask someone. Onto knitting. Have some wips.







The blue is a Christmas present for someone on my list. It is Malabrigo in "Azul bolita". It is knitting up on sz4 needles to 6 stitches to the inch. Wonderful stuff to work with. Nice stitch definition. Then I lost one of the needles last night. In the middle of a movie (the Chronicles of Riddick) when I got back from a bathroom break, needle was nowhere to be found! Yeah, I can finish this and the mate on four needles, but I really like to use five.








The other sock is for me. All the other sox were for others, in fact this is the first thing that I have ever made for me since I started knitting. They are Claudia Hand Painted in "Blue TerraCotta". Note to self, buy this yarn again! Using size 1 needles. So soft and squishy and just glides through my fingers.
You probably have seen this as this:






But no more. It sat around too long and I forgot where I was in the pattern. So, I ripped it out and started new. Same pattern but written by a different person, I seem to be able to understand it better. I also decreased it by one repeat, and sofar, I really like it compared to "let's just get this over with" type of project.






And this is Motor helping me take pictures. He really likes having his picture taken. He also really likes my knitting. He won't chew on my yarn, but he will try to chew on my circular needle cables. So. he isn't allowed on my lap when I am knitting with those. I am usually knitting sox, hats, or scarves anyway. So, until next time, happy knitting, 'cause Christmas is around the corner!!!!!!!!

No comments: