Friday, May 16, 2008

Summer of Yarn!!!

I joined a new swap! It is called the Summer of Yarn! I can't wait to start spoiling my person!!!

Amy posted some questions for us to answer:

Here's the list of questions for the swap! Have fun! Please post this to your blog and make sure your pal and I can easily find it!

Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been at your craft? I knit and crochet, crochet on and off for about 3 years and knitting about 2 years
Do you spin? What type of spinning? Yes, I have a few spindles and an Ashford Traveler
What are your favorite yarns/fibers? What are your least favorite yarns/fibers? I like most yarns, I don't have a LYS in town, so my "knowledge" of different yarns and fibers is small. I really don't care for acrylic yarns but they have their place.
What are your favorite colors? What are your least favorite colors? I like most colors as long as they look good together.
Are there any yarns/brands that you are dying to work with but never have? I have been wanting to try Socks that Rock. Also, almost any yarn/brand that is not available in a bigbox store
What is/are your favorite types of projects to knit/crochet? Sox. I am willing to try just about anything.
What are you currently working on? Anything you plan to work on this summer? A couple pairs of sox, a blanket for my dad, and Christmas presents
What is your favorite FO? (Post a pic if you would like.) Clapotis out of Koigu Painter's Palette Premium Merino
What is your oldest UFO? I just ripped out a sock from about two years ago that I didn't finish
Are there any techniques that you want to learn? Continental knitting and colorwork
Are you on Ravlery? What's your ID? Yes, theknittycrafter
Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes, ball of foot - 9", length - 10.5"
Do you collect anything? yes. dogs, cats, dust bunnies, yarn, fiber, nursing books, Ansel Adams.
Do you have a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes
Do you love sweets? What are your favorites? Yes, chocolate, peanut brittle, m&ms, See's candy, basically anything chocolate!
What are your favorite scents? clean and citrusy
Where do you keep your needles/hooks? In a wooden toolbox my boyfriend gave me for Christmas last year
Do you have a wishlist (Amazon, Etsy, etc?) Yes, Amazon and Etsy
Having a birthday this summer? No
Are you allergic to anything??? Please let your pal know! Yes, I am unable to wear scented lotions. Also, anything with a mohair % of 25 or more and I sneeze the whole time I am knitting and wearing it.

No comments: