Thursday, September 6, 2007

Busy, busy

I have been so busy! I had almost forgotten how much reading nursing school required. Ah well. I am still knitting away on Christmas presents. Got two finished yesterday and one blocked yesterday. The other one is being blocked now. The lavender/purple one is for my grandmother's sister.








DeeOGee is modeling it for me.








I decreased somewhere in the middle by 6 stitches, so I free form knitted the end and put a tassel on the end. Came out cute and I think that she will like it. I based it on this pattern. I put a lavender triangle in the middle of the purple as I didn't have enough of either color to make it all that color. I love buying single balls of yarn for some reason. It gets me out of my comfort zone and do something really cool. I also threw in some stockinette triangles to play with texture.

The other scarf is for one of my aunts. It is a cable with a braid on each side. I over dyed it with koolaid to make the cable and braids stand out better. The long shot of it is truer to color than the closeup.








It isn't quite as long as she asked but I can wrap it twice on me, so it should be ok.

I got yarn!!! Chan sent me this yarn. She is so wonderful! Thank you Chan!!!








R has already claimed it, so it will be something for him. I don't know what yet. It is sock yarn, but you can use sock yarn for other things than sox. The colors are pretty true.

Katie has gotten so big! Here she is when we got her:








Here she is now.








Both are in comparison to one of the big dogs. She is 30 pounds and only 6 months old! I hope that she doesn't get much bigger than that.

I was making a sock. I had to frog it totally because I didn't like the ladder and I made a mistake about 2 inches back. I have more circulars coming in this week. I will try again then with two instead of one circular.

I have started the second of the big blue sox. The toe is done, but that is about it. I have started a Christmas hat for another uncle. Using Paton's SWS yarn. I really like the yarn, I just have to be careful because it likes to make ladders. No pictures yet.

Have to go read for class. Take care!

1 comment:

SissySees said...

I'm glad you like the yarn. I love SWS, but have never used it for anything I didn't felt...